Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quick Update


In addition to photo refusals, here's a little of what we've been up to lately (sorry for more crummy camera-phone shots):


Playing "horsie" before bed with Daddy every night. I have a cute video of this that I'll post when I have time to wait for it to upload. Ever since she's been in her new room, when I put her to bed, the routine ends in tears. When Matt puts her to bed, all is quiet. I refuse to believe that he's that much more fun than me, so I think I'm just easier to play for sympathy.



We went to the fire station to have the baby's car seat checked. While they did make some adjustments, at least they didn't laugh at our installation this time (I believe, "Good thing you came by here," is what we heard before Brooke was born). They also let Brooke check out the fire truck and "Clambulance" as she thinks it's called. Thank you, Bubble Guppies. That was also the day the Brooke decided to start telling people that she was six when they asked how old she was.


"Playing" with neighborhood friends. At least they're outside?


More "helping." I was also hoping to be able to brag about Brooke's brackets this year. She chose the whole first round of the South and West by herself (granted, she almost always went for the second option - thus correctly picking Lehigh over Duke). But then decided she was bored and said, "Um....I think that's enough." We went with chalk for the rest of her picks and now she's 12th of 15. Better luck next year.

*One more story without an accompanying picture (I won't be writing any "How-to Blog" articles anytime soon): We say prayers with Brooke every night before bed as well as before many of our family meals. We always give her the option of praying, but usually she just lists the people that she wants to pray for (usually whoever we've seen recently or been talking about). Yesterday she twice opted to pray. We heard, "Dear Jesus," then some mumbling, "safe," some mumbling, "healthy," mumbling, and "In Jesus' name, Amen!" It was precious and adorable and brought me pretty close to tears...but so does everything these days. All that to say that we're lucky to have such a special little girl.

2 comments: