Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Date


For a little while now, anytime Matt "babysits" Brooke during a meal, they call it a Daddy/Daughter date. Typically, they go for BBQ, because BBQ restaurants gross me out and Matt's hoping to brainwash Brooke into liking it before I can brainwash her into not liking it.


I had heard stories of dads who used Valentine's Day to really make their daughters feel special and to show them how they should be treated by future Valentine's Day dates. I mentioned this to Matt and we thought it would be a fun tradition to (try to) start. While he didn't always make a big deal of it on specific days, my dad was a great example of showing me how I should be treated and I really can't thank him enough for that.



So, on Valentine's Day night, Matt and Brooke headed to Chuck E. Cheese, because this wasn't a run-of-the-mill Daddy/Daughter date. Brooke was talking about it for a couple of days before and seemed to have had a really good time. And Matt claims he didn't get hit on by any lonely single moms who were there.


We're trying to really treasure this time and keep in mind what a limited time we have with Brooke when we'll be the most important influences in her life. Which is why this song reduces me to tears EVERY time I hear it. (I would put the video on the blog but it takes too long to upload.)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these! She's getting so big and looking more and more like you! I love the picture of her on the phone.

    That song make me cry too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song. I hadn't heard it. Planning to share it with my sister.

    ReplyDelete