I won't keep you guessing. This post will have NO photos of Brooke in it. Because Matt and I just went away for 3 nights to New York City...and actually have some pictures to show for it.
To give you a little background, I'm kind of a pop-culture freak. I also LOVE the Regis and Kelly show. I DVR it and watch it almost everyday. I love their banter and I also think that Kelly and I could be BFFs. So, to surprise me for my birthday this year, Matt sent away for tickets to the show about 6 months ago and we heard back in early July that we had tickets. To be honest, I wasn't super-excited to be going back to NY. We had just been there 2 years ago (when we waited in line for over 2 hours for standby tickets to R & K that we never got) and I'm just not a huge fan of big cities. I think I'm too sensitive for them.
Anyway, we set out for New York knowing only that we were going to Regis and Kelly on Monday and that we were going to have 3 solid days of one-on-one time with each other. I'm pretty proud of how well we did staying busy.
On our first day, we explored the city a bit, bought tickets to "Catch Me if You Can" on Broadway (highly recommended), and applied for tickets to the David Letterman show. Why not? It filmed a couple of blocks away from our hotel. We took a nice, long walk across town, stopping at Bryant Park. There's something really beautiful about greenery in the middle of all the skyscrapers. (This is when I remembered I had the camera and could take pictures if even they aren't of Brooke.)
One of the million places that made me think of Brooke.
That night, Matt made reservations at Craft restaurant. I was excited about this not only because it's supposed to be a great restaurant, but because Tom Colicchio (of Top Chef) is the owner. It was a great meal and a wonderful restaurant.
He really didn't have to tell them which birthday it is. They also had a personalized menu made for us.
Monday was THE day. After waiting for over an hour to get into the studio, we were ushered in. As we passed backstage, who walked right in front of us to go to the men's room? Neil Patrick Harris. N.P.H. He was the guest co-host for the day and I think Matt and I both have a little bit of a crush on him (I know, I know...). You can't tell by this photo, but he was talking to me here. Not really.
Heidi Klum was the main guest. I was seriously in celeb-stalking heaven!
During each commercial, Kelly would come up and talk to the audience. Have I mentioned that I love her?
Matt made me take this and I'm kind of glad he did. For posterity. Even if he didn't get the title in the background.
Have I mentioned I like parks in the middle of cities?
Turns out, we also got tickets to the Letterman show later that afternoon and got to sit in the very front row. They were much meaner there and didn't allow any photos inside. It was still a cool experience, though.
For the few hours that we had left on Tuesday, we took a Circle Line boat cruise and got to check out the city from the water. I thought this was a great tour and would definitely recommend it.
Of course, we couldn't wait to get back to our Girl, but we had a fantastic time!
No comments:
Post a Comment