Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What We've Been Up To


Early last week, we went to the Morton Arboretum with my friend Beth and her son, Luke. I didn't get a good photo of him, but Luke is adorable and already quite the flirt. Both kids still enjoy their morning naps, so they were a little crabby and the highlight of the trip was snack time.



We've also taken lots of walks to the park. A great perk of our neighborhood is how many nice playgrounds are within walking distance. (It's time to start looking at the positives of living here since it seems we'll be here for at least a little while longer.)



Last weekend, Brooke, Ozzie and I went to St. Louis for Lexi's THIRD birthday. I can't believe she's that old already! We got Brooke, Krissi's kids, Amy's kids, and Amy's niece, Leila together for a "playdate". It really consisted of one girl playing with a toy and the other two going after it, but they'll learn.




Lexi puts everything she has into her hugs and it's not always appreciated.


Amy and her kids. Aren't they pretty?


My camera battery was dying, so I didn't get any photos of the party. We did see Lexi before we left on her actual birthday, though. I couldn't get Brooke to look at the camera in this one because she was fixated on "Caillou". Her fascination with that show is a post for another day.


Photo ops with the grandkids.



While unloading when we got home, I nailed Brooke in the head as I opened a door. Poor baby! Thank goodness for the "Boo Boo Bunny".

1 comment:

  1. Oh Luke is sooo cute! I miss you so much and am going to send you two blog post links I think will encourage you...or so I hope! :) Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete