Brooke was seven months old yesterday. While thinking about it makes me emotional, I'm not really in the mood for a cheesy post, so I'll try to spare you and instead will give a quick update on our Little Lady.
I think it's safe to offically call her a sitter, but we still have to be strategic about letting her sit on the floor at our house as literally the only carpet in our house is on the landing of our staircase. She's also shown us that she's able to roll both ways, but doesn't really seem to be in any kind of hurry to get anywhere. She's much more content to study from afar the item that we've conveniently placed just out of reach.
She's still quite the cuddler and I think would be content to be in someone's arms ALL the time. And if that person was reading a book to her? Heaven!
Lately, Ozzie has been the most surefire way to get her to laugh (and he can't even say, "Peek-a-boo!"). She hasn't been too picky with the foods we've tried with her, although it broke my heart when she turned down avocado AGAIN (it probably didn't help that Matt was gagging as he fed it to her).
She continues to demonstrate an iron-will (compared to me, at least). We've conquered bottles. Naps have gotten better. Her current battle is to cry when I put her down to play by herself. With our combination of wills, I'll bet by her 10 month post she'll have broken me. :)
She's also very vocal and smiley with us, but seems to need to warm up around strangers. Sophie is still her favorite toy, but she's showing increased interest in more challenging toys like the ring stacker.
She continues to amaze us and we fall more and more in love with her everyday. Words really can't express the blessing that she is in our lives.
(If I had thought ahead more, I'd have cute pictures to go with some of these observations, but I haven't been the best at taking pictures these last couple of weeks. I'm actually never good at taking pictures - I should say that I haven't taken many pictures.)
We've got lots of excitement in the coming weeks. We're headed to Florida for the long weekend and when we get back, Aunt Jamie will be back!!! And I've only got a couple more days of work before I get to spend all my time with The Girl for the summer. I'm feeling some inspiring posts coming up, so get pumped!
*Quick shout out to Uncle Tim, whose birthday was last Sunday, and Uncle Mike, whose birthday is June 1. Your cards are in the mail. ;) *
No comments:
Post a Comment