Brooke started first grade on August 17, which is also my birthday. Never would I have imagined starting school on my birthday growing up. It was always at least a couple of weeks after. Craziness. We stopped by Aunt Jamie's room again last week to "help" her for a bit.
I gave Brooke a back-to-school mani/pedi, so Miles got some tattoos.
Paige also got a pedi. I started on her hands and quickly realized that was going nowhere good.
This is a horrible picture, but Brooke chose alternating bold colors for her hands and alternating pastels for her feet. The poor thing got a cold a couple of days before school started, so she wasn't as pumped about it as I'd hoped.
She was well enough for the first day of school, though. We found out her teacher less than a week before school started, and she was thrilled to get Mrs. Olson. In addition to being the youngest first grade teacher, Mrs. Olson is a friend of Jamie's and the sister-in-law of one of Matt's good friends from high school. Gotta love the small world of Wheaton.
Obligatory first day chalkboard shots. I'm probably behind and chalkboards are "the thing" anymore. Oh, well.
Brooke was really worried about being late, but we got there in plenty of time for her to see a lot of her friends and be third in line. I got choked up as she lined up, realizing that this is it. She's gone the whole day now. While it's sad for me, she's loving it...and it's also nice to not have to cut our day in half picking her up. Here she is with McKaileigh, a friend from last year.
And Maggie and Elise. Maggie was in the PM class, but played soccer
I'm trying to find ways to stay busy with Paige and Miles. Today, we went to the splash pad with Baby Bri and Cam and Max.
These two also braved some of the big kid activities at the attached park before we left.
Happy back-to-school!
No comments:
Post a Comment