Wednesday, August 5, 2015

"Why Is St. Louis So Far Away?"


Our drives to St. Louis have not been the most relaxing as of late, largely because Miles refuses to sleep and doesn't watch a video for more than about 20 minutes at a time. Instead, he asks lots of questions, including, "Why is St. Louis so far away?" and "When will be be there?" about 100 times each.


We went down to St. Louis last weekend to see "Beauty and the Beast" at the Muny and to celebrate Lexi's and my grandma's birthdays. On Friday, we met up with Amy and her kids at Suson Park.


The kids were too hot to enjoy the playground, but they liked hanging out with the geese.


They also had fun with the selfie stick.



Finally, they rallied and were entertained looking at the farm animals there.




That night, we took the big kids to see the show. I think they all had a great time, despite Mati's spoiler ("Don't worry, Belle and the Beast fall in love!") one song into the show and Brooke asking why we weren't sitting in the front row.


It was Miles' first time there and he did a really good job watching the whole show, minus a few potty breaks.




I love the Muny. Almost as much as Matt hates it.


The next day, we decided to spend the morning at Grant's Farm. We will never go there on a Saturday again. However, after waiting for an hour to get into the parking lot, things moved quickly inside the park. We had some fun on the tram. (I should clearly never been responsible for the selfie stick shot.)






The kids enjoyed the carousel and an animal show.




We got there in the afternoon, so the goats were kind of over being fed, but that didn't stop us from trying.







We finished up with a couple free beers for each of the adults and snow cones for the kids. Doesn't Paige look like she's having a blast?



On Saturday evening and Sunday, we hung out at my parents' house. The kids swam a ton.



The babies kept it classy in the foot washing bin.



They seriously sat in there for at least 15 minutes. I love these pictures!



We had a BBQ and cupcakes on Sunday to celebrate Lexi's (7!) and Gigi's (78!) birthdays. We love both of you!





It was a fun trip but we had to get back for an exciting week up here!

2 comments:

  1. I have totally selfie stick envy. Hopefully I will get one for my birthday! Lol. Do the girl cousins enjoy dressing alike? I've bought a couple of matching shirts for the girls and I swear my sister hates it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I think we were able to brainwash the girls into liking it; although just this last visit, Alexis wasn't as into it as she has been. :(

    ReplyDelete