We went to St. Louis last weekend and despite it not being our best visit for a variety of reasons, we were still able to pack in lots of fun. The kids watched some movies together. This picture may or may not have been the time I bribed them all that I would pay them $1 if they watched the whole movie and could tell me three things about it. It turns out that sometimes peace and quiet has a cost, and this time, it was $4.
Lexi read them a bedtime story that she had written.
We got to snuggle a little with this cutie, although not as much as we'd have liked since Paige was sick most of the visit.
We took her to urgent care where they gave her a chest x-ray and tested her for RSV, only to determine that it was a virus. The poor baby looked like this for most of Saturday and Sunday.
Before Paige took a turn for the worse, we spent Valentine's Day morning at the City Museum. It's a pretty awesome place. There was so much exploring to do that we could have stayed all day. All the kids had a great time.
Grandma came along and kept the babies company while we chased the older kids.
Miles made a friend. I think he reminded him of his dad.
After visiting my Aunt Esther on Saturday night, we went out to dinner. My dad spent the entire time at the table with the kids, and they loved it.
On Sunday, we made a quick trip to the mall, complete with a stop at the "playground." They happily played here for 15 minutes or so. I think we're all getting stir crazy.
On Monday, we were planning to leave around lunchtime, but got a little nervous based on the reports of a "winter storm." I know I sound like a cynical Chicagoan, but this snow was the result of that "winter storm."
Storm or not, the kids had a great time playing in the snow. I'm happy to report that Miles declared himself no longer afraid of sledding. He actually couldn't get enough. It's always so fun to watch them play together, bickering and all.
I took a lot of pictures because I'm not sure when/if I'll get to take more out in the snow this year.
As a bonus, Paige woke up that day feeling much better and seemed to enjoy watching the big kids, as well.
They also had some fun in the backyard.
Until next time, St. Louis!
No comments:
Post a Comment