Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Paige at 9 Months
This sweet girl was nine months old on Monday. She continues to be such a joy. She's generally very easygoing, especially if she's being held. In the last month or so, she'll do the "I can see mom so I'm going to cry" if she's playing and I'm not holding her. But (according to others) when I'm not in sight, she's pretty chill.
As I mentioned in the Florida post, her facial expression is generally either very happy or contemplative/scowling."Grumpy Cat", if you will. Her nights are not so dreamy (ba-dum-cha!). On average, she wakes up once around 4 to eat, but at least 2 nights a week, she'll wake up 1-3 times earlier.
She seems to like the water and being outside. She's happy to observe her brother and sister playing. She's independent at sitting up now and sitting in carts and high chairs in public has made life easier on all of us. She's still not a huge fan of tummy time and usually rolls pretty quickly to her back. She's a pro at scooting on her back. She'll do a mermaid kick and propel herself. Basically, she's following her brother and sister's gross motor trajectory.
Her hair is still pretty straight so far and her eyes seem brown to me, although I've heard hazel from a couple people. Her nickname is "Grabby McGee" because she loves swiping at anything in sight. She's eating three solid meals per day and is enjoying teething crackers and puffs. In addition to her solid food at mealtimes, she nurses around 9:30, around 1, around 6:30 and around 4 am. I've cut out her afternoon nursing but she's still exclusively on breast milk.
At her check-up today, she was 27 1/4" (34%) and had a head circumference in the 95%. She had only gained ounces from her last appointment (14 lb, 13 oz. - 5%), but I'm pretty sure that's because she's had what seems to be an upset tummy - based on many gross diapers - the past several days. (Miles also had a tummy bug.) At any rate, we're going back for a check-up next month to make sure she keeps gaining. We'll also be starting formula soon, which should help. I think I'm going to starting call her my "Let's Check this Again Next Month" kid. because it seems like that's what's said at every doctor's appointment we go to. I know that it's better safe than sorry and I'm so thankful that she's been so healthy thus far..
Speaking of her eating and wanting to put her hands on everything, this is how she looks after meals if she has her way. Matt's mom taught me a trick of putting a towel around her shoulders to keep her hands down and that keeps her a little more presentable. And protects her eyes from food getting in them!
Miles and Brooke are still pretty great with her. I don't think that I've seen either of them deliberately do something to bother or hurt her. They're very into getting her toys, helping feed her, and letting me know if she's upset. Miles says, "Mommy, Paige needs you!" multiple times each day.
She takes a morning nap from around 10-11 and an afternoon nap from around 1:30-3:30. She'll get a little extra fussy and start wiping her eyes when she's getting tired. She's still a major thumb sucker. Right hand only. She's starting to wave, but not with total accuracy yet. I haven't even starting teaching her signs when eating. She's at a fun stage where she's starting to enjoy playing with toys. She's still teething a ton, but no teeth to speak of.
She's such an adaptable, fun, sweet, cute baby and we're so thankful to call her ours!
We love you, Paige-y Poo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment