For Brooke's birthday, we got her Isabelle, the American Girl Doll "doll of the year". She'd had a catalog for awhile and when I pressed her, that's the doll that she said she wanted the most. That was also the doll that Kali got for her birthday. We'd arranged a month or so before the girls' birthdays to take them to lunch at the store downtown.
Brooke loved walking around and checking out all the different clothes and accessories for the dolls. She was allowed to pick one thing to buy and chose the shirt to match Isabelle's. I bought her a girls' medium. We're going to make that puppy last.
I'd told Brooke that we were having a tea, not realizing that "tea" with the American Girl Doll Store is different than just lunch. We were able to make everyone happy by ordering tea as our drinks at the meal. The girls also requested that we speak with our "fancy" (British) accents at lunch.
Brooke was so thrilled that Isabelle had her own cup and saucer and her own seat at the table. She commented at least 3 times about how neat it was that Isabelle could sit right with us. It was really cute.
The girls got a candle on their dessert at the end of the meal. They really seemed to have a great time - and Christy and I did, too!
I love these two together! Happy birthday, Brookie!
No comments:
Post a Comment