Brace yourself for a Paige photo dump. She was two months old last Thursday and nine weeks old last Saturday. Time is going so quickly and I'd really like for it to slow down. Here are a couple of pictures that I took of her either right before she went to sleep or right when she woke up. I kind of treasure that time as I'm able to give her 100% of my attention then. She's also usually pretty happy then.
She's been sleeping through the night for all except one of the last 7 nights. She usually gets her last feeding around 8 and I put her down shortly after. She's usually awake, but will talk to herself/the ceiling fan for a bit before falling asleep. She's been waking up between 6-7 am. Don't hate me. This could all take a turn at any moment. But I sure hope it doesn't.
She's officially thumb-sucker #2 in our family. She's not usually super-fussy, but when she is, once she pops that baby in her mouth, she quiets pretty quickly.
Tummy time is not her strong-suit, which is largely my fault. I like having her nap on my chest during the afternoon so much that I forget to put her down for it. She also really favors putting her head to the right. She just had her 2 month check up today and the doctor gave me some good pointers for stretching her neck and getting her to look/lay to the left. We follow up in a month to determine if she could use a little physical therapy to help in this department.
She also likes sticking her tongue out.
She's eating 5-6 times per day. She's not getting bottles as often as Miles did (I feel like she's not eating as much as he did, either), but is getting them much more than Brooke did, which makes it much easier on Matt and her when/if I go out without her.
She's pretty smiley when she's awake, fed and dry. I have yet to capture it on film, but watching her smile at Brooke or Miles is the best.
I thought she was kind of skinny, but she's right on track according to those charts they show you at the pediatrician's office. She's 23 1/4 inches long (82%), and 11 lb, 3 oz (46%) with a head circumference of 16 1/4 in (99% - yikes!). Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe her length and big head just make the rest of her look extra skinny.
She's generally a very sweet, easygoing baby and is happy to be carted around to all of our activities with the older two. She does tend to have a "witching hour" around dinner and I often hold her while I'm eating, which is okay with me because I realize that before I know it, she won't need those extra cuddles.
She is such a perfect addition to our family and a joy to have around. We couldn't love her more and are thankful every day for little miss Paige Audrey!
No comments:
Post a Comment