Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

 

We were unexpectedly in town for Easter on Sunday and were able to get in a lot of fun family time. We started the day with the kids opening their Easter baskets, but I didn't get any pictures because I had to serve in Children's Ministry for the first service and of course this was the day the kids slept in, so I was running late. Matt's family joined us at church, then we headed over to Matt's Grandma's for the traditional (?) Easter Burger King lunch and a little photo shoot. Oh, Brooke and Jamie also had a little dance party that I didn't get on film.





We headed home so the kids could nap, then went over to Matt's parents for Easter dinner (we had ham, which some {not Matt and Mike} might argue is a bit more traditional than beef). Brooke and  Miles opened their Easter gifts. Miles was more interested in Brooke's gifts, or the wrapping of her gifts, than his own. *In doing this post, I realized that I got no pictures of Debbie, Brian, Mike or Jane from that day. Sorry!*

 


He looked super cute in the bunny ears but there was no way he was keeping them on long enough for me to get a picture.

 

Brooke opening her Rapunzel shirt from Aunt Jamie. She said, "No way!" when she saw who was on it.


Miles in his new TMNT shirt. Cowabunga!


Then it was on to the Easter Egg hunt. I think Brooke did about 10 of these, most of them with Jamie. The best was when Brooke would "hide" the eggs and then "help" whoever was looking for them find them.





Overall, it was a nice day spent celebrating what we as Christians view as the most significant, and humbling, event in history. He is risen indeed. Thank you, Jesus, and Happy Easter!

 

 John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.














No comments:

Post a Comment