We went to St. Louis again last weekend to pick up Ozzie and so that I could attend my cousin's finace's bridal shower. (For those who were wondering, Ozzie doesn't seem too traumatized by the few weeks away from us. My parents who had him, on the other hand...) As always, it was too short a visit but we were happy to fit in lots of time visiting family.
The kids were able to spend a lot of time playing together and despite the sleep deprivation, remained in pretty good spirits. This might have been the best the girls got along for an extended period. Here they are practicing using chopsticks before we went to dinner at a hibachi restaurant.
Miles was a charmer, as usual. He enjoyed head-butting Papa T.
And playing with Gigi. He kept taking a bite of the cookie, then resting it on her neck. As I type it, it's not that funny, but at the time it was pretty adorable.
Matt and my dad took the kids to a carnival while my mom and I were at the bridal shower on Saturday.
(Much needed) Bath time. Miles enjoyed having company. For some reason, Brooke isn't really into them taking baths together. I guess she needs her "me" time.
Fun at the playground. I didn't get a picture of Matt telling Brooke, "I've got you," right before he let her fall. She didn't get hurt and wasn't too shaken up, so it was funny (I can say that, right?).
Lunch at Gigi's.
Amy and the kids came over to Tim and Krissi's. I think this was Lexi "teaching" them out on the deck.
Mati looks so much like Amy in this picture, it's scary.
Joel brought over his new dog, Mia. It was kind of an intense couple of hours, but the dogs all left on good terms. I think it's safe to say that Ozzie was the least dominant.
Vegging a little after a busy morning. Of course the Timmerman kids are ready with great smiles.
Daddy/Daughter/Uncle/Niece breakfast table.
Ending the visit with some play-dough and "projects."
As great as it always is to see everyone, it's really nice to be home and have no scheduled traveling on any of our calendars for at least a month!
No comments:
Post a Comment