Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day of Firsts

 

Brooke has been wanting to play "haircut" quite a bit lately, which got me to thinking that her hair *might* be long enough for a cute cut for the holidays. The kid haircut place wasn't busy and is right across the shopping center from our pediatrician's office (we were there for Miles - turns out it's still just a cold, poor guy), so I decided to stop in.


Brooke was pretty excited. She sat in a train and chose to watch "Cinderella." They'd barely made it through the credits before the lady was done. Initially, she hardly trimmed it. When I told her I wanted the mullet gone, she got a little more aggressive.


Finished product. She was busy watching the movie. I'll be honest, I had visions of her walking out with this cute, bouncy bob (similar to the visions I have when I go to the hair salon). But if she got anything from me, it's my coordination and my hair. Basically, I paid $20 for someone to do what I've been doing at home. It was a fun experience, nonetheless. And I know she's adorable, including her hair.

This afternoon Brooke also had her first dentist visit. We went to a pediatric dentist's office and they were GREAT. Brooke was also very impressive. She was more relaxed than she looks in this photo.


She had the most trouble keeping her mouth open wide enough and wanting to lick the polish and fluoride that they were putting on her teeth.


I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous (mommy guilt), but no cavities! We're supposed to try to brush along her gum line a little better, but everything else looked good. She got all kinds of goodies for dental hygiene, including a toothbrush and gum brush for Miles. I'll get right on that...


Speaking of Miles and firsts, he's been enjoying upright baths lately. He's also been signing "more" and waving, although not with 100% accuracy. I'm still working on getting photos/videos of those.

1 comment:

  1. I went to the stylist recently with a picture of Meg Ryan. I kid you not. :) Lovin the sunglasses at the dentist office. And the very PG rated naked pic of Miles... priceless.

    ReplyDelete