Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cold Weather Conundrum

 

Since it's gotten colder and the kids haven't been their healthiest, we haven't been able to play outside or have as many play dates as we usually do. This has led me to make the resolution that I'd like to do at least one "project" with Brooke (and eventually Miles) each week. Nothing incredibly creative or challenging, but something that requires foresight on my part and is something she's not done (at least with me) before.


In all fairness, we color/draw/paint/cut fairly often. I just don't typically think outside the box. I *might* even be considering joining Pinterest.


I had this epiphany when I got out Froot Loops and a pipe cleaner and told Brooke we were going to make  a bracelet and you would have thought I told her we were going to Disney World that day. I was also excited to pull out some of my preschool OT tricks (fine motor, patterning, object counting, anyone?).  And for NOW this guy is happy to watch.

 

The VERY next day she painted the magnet and sun-catcher that Miss Lindsay and Evan gave her.


Miles really wanted a piece of that bracelet...or her foot. Just something to chew on. He isn't picky.


1 comment:

  1. Umm you should totally join Pinterest. I rarely pin my own findings and browse what other people pin. Have you heard of Busy Bags?? They are all over Pinterest and would be great for Brooke.

    ReplyDelete