We went down to St. Louis again last weekend to watch Krissi's brother, Danny get married. Of course, the whole family was in the wedding and we were looking forward to seeing them all dressed up.
The kids and I drove down on Wednesday afternoon so we could be around in time to celebrate Tim's birthday that evening. Once again, Miles did not enjoy being in his seat for 4+ hours. But we got there. Brooke had fun playing with Lexi and Tim's friend Kenny's little girl, Kennedi.
The next day, Krissi and I took the kids by my grandparents' house. The girls had fun playing with the pinwheels (or "wind blowers" as Brooke calls them) outside with Grandpa Charlie.
Afterward, Gigi read to them. I swear they were both riveted before I got out the camera.
The next day, Luke came over and he and Brooke had some fun in the pool. Brooke was super-tentative initially, but by the end of the weekend was much more comfortable in the water.
The following day was the wedding. Of course Lexi was a pro at being a flower girl (I think this is, like, her 8th wedding).
Luke wore a sign that said something like, "Uncle Danny, here comes the bride!" Precious.
The beautiful couple responsible for those adorable offspring. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, the wedding was outside. And the high that day was 98*.
The girls during the cocktail hour. If only the rest of the reception went like this. When we decided to bring Brooke, we had visions of her dancing the night away with Lexi - forgetting about the 2 hours of toasts, speeches, and dinner that come with a wedding. Brooke was pretty miserable by the time we left that night. Which means Matt and I were fairly miserable, too. Live and learn.
A tired girl and boy hanging with Papa T.
No comments:
Post a Comment