Monday, May 7, 2012

While Mom's Away


I realize that I'm way behind on updating this. Blogging is literally always on my "to do" list (I have one EVERY day), but always gets put on the backburner - behind things like bathing and laundry. I'm going to try to make it more of a priority, if for no other reason than it's essentially my kids' baby books and I don't want too much time to pass and forget things. They're both changing so fast!



A couple of weekends ago, I went away for an overnight with my girlfriends that's been in the works for months. It's funny - before Miles was born, I was sure that I'd either just take him with or not go. However, when he was about 2 weeks old, I decided that it would be in both or our best interests for me to get a night away. Shout out to Matt, who was supportive and encouraging, even though I know he was at least a *little* intimidated. Of course they went for BBQ.



Thanks to my, we'll call it an "internal clock" - nursing moms know what I'm talking about - I didn't sleep as well as I'd hoped (actually, I think Matt and Miles slept as well if not better than me), but it was SO nice to get away and laugh with friends. I was also very happy and excited to get back to my little lady and little guy - and Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment