It still feels a little funny to refer to my offspring in plural form. They're both dangerously close to waking from their naps, so this update will be a quick one.
Miles continues to become more and more of a little person. He started doing a little smiling and cooing about a week ago, which was exciting. He seems (based on our foggy memories) to be stronger and bigger than Brooke was at his age. We won't get another official measurement until his 2 month appointment at the end of this month. I will say that it was around 5 weeks when Brooke was fitting into all of her 0-3 month stuff and Miles is easily filling out all of his.
He's not a fan of lying alone and having to entertain himself. I thought second kids were supposed to be good at that? Maybe he'll learn...
So far, he does a great job of sleeping when in his car seat, which helps when we're out and about during the day. Fingers crossed for a good first trip to St. Louis next weekend!
Sleeping and eating are about the same. Five hours is the longest stretch we've gotten at night. There's still at least a little spit up after most of his feedings. The evening seems to be his "witching hour" (unfortunately for Matt who only gets to see him then). Starting around dinner time until 9 or so, he really likes to be held and sometimes even then takes some creativity to pacify. He likes the binky but doesn't really hold it in his mouth himself, which presents a challenge. He also already seems to be moving more than Brooke at this age (I've decided to not even try not to compare them. It's inevitable. But we love them both for their unique qualities and personalities...blah, blah, blah.). He's been able to roll to his side. It's almost always the left side, which is also the way he turns his head frequently. He also escapes the swaddle regularly and wiggles all around the bassinet, which is funny because I'm pretty sure I could have swaddled Brooke until she was 2 and she almost always woke up in the same position we put her down in.
Speaking of Brooke, she's been enjoying getting outside this spring. We keep trying to feed the ducks in the pond behind our house, but they don't seem very receptive. We're keeping an eye out for ducklings! Brooke's gotten a little sassier these last few weeks. She stormed into her room and slammed the door the other day, yelling, "It's not THERE!" (what she thought people were saying when they say, "It's not fair!" - not sure where she heard that one. Seriously.) I feel like it's now safe to say that she's potty trained when she's awake. A couple of accidents in her underwear freaked her out enough that now she goes on the potty - even when she has a diaper on. She still wakes up with a wet (and often poopy) diaper, but that'll come. Popsicles were one of the treats I bought her for doing such a good job on the potty.
She's also still really into singing and dancing. I need to get another video up of her rocking out. It's just so hard to remember to take pictures and videos these days. I now completely understand why the more children you have, the less photographic evidence there is of their existence.
No comments:
Post a Comment