...and will continue to be for the weeks to come is knee-deep in packing and unpacking boxes. We (knock on wood) close on both houses a week from Friday, so we're trying to get the packing completed at a reasonable rate. I felt pretty good about our progress in the basement, until I went downstairs to take a picture.
We're really not hoarders; it's kind of ridiculous the amount of "things" that come with having a child - and a husband who likes to relish the Glory Days.
We've also had some beautiful weather lately and have had fun playing outside. Brooke's become totally independent on her playset in the last month or so. She is also quite the chatterbox. She wakes up either talking or singing and goes to sleep talking or singing. It's fun to listen to. I joke (not really) that I'm going to keep the monitor in her room until she's a teenager. And by then I'll want it in there for other reasons.
Her favorite new phrase is, "Wha happen?" followed by "Why?" She's used it in multiple situations that she doesn't quite understand (stubbed my toe, caught in traffic, etc) and it's pretty cute to see her wheels turning when I try to explain what's going on. Not so cute when she asks "Why?" for the 8th time in a row.
A quick disclaimer that between now and the end of next month, life's pretty hectic for us. I'll try to update as much as possible and apologize in advance for any delays.
No comments:
Post a Comment