Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mother of the Year


Last Friday, I decided to take a break from packing/cleaning/party planning to head to Brookfield Zoo with my good friends Joy and Jen (who got us in for free - bonus!) and their little ones, Tye and Grace and Baby Dylan who Joy was watching. The weather was a little chilly and overcast - perfect for keeping vanloads of people away.


We had a fun time. The ladies got to talk, the kids got to look at animals...



...and the exotic water fountain...


...and gravel.


We were able to get a kind of decent shot of all three of the mobile kids by - what else? - plopping them in front of a t.v.



Baby Dylan. Such a sweetie.


And here's where the title of the post comes in: As we were heading out of the park, I sat Brooke in her stroller. The thought went through my head, "I should probably buckle her in, but we're almost to the parking lot. Eh, she never tries to get out, anyway." TWO seconds later, she leans forward and I'm pretty sure that in slow-motion she fell out of her stroller. On to her poor little face. It keeps flashing through my mind. Lesson learned, I just feel horrible that she's the one who had to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment