Thursday, September 8, 2011

So Long, Summer!

Given that Matt had 2 football games to coach and a golf tournament to play in last weekend, he "gently encouraged" me to take Brooke down to St. Louis for our last visit down there for a little while.

As usual, Brooke got to spend lots of time with her cousins, complete with an evening stop at Ted Drewes. I'm too lazy to check my previous posts, but if I haven't mentioned Ted Drewes before, shame on me. It's simply amazing. Matt and I lived about a mile from there when we lived in St. Louis and we'd walk there at least once a week. This is seriously life-changing frozen custard.


Tim got the girls baseball helmet strawberry sundaes. (Dad, once and for all, we're NOT Cubs fans.)


They had to try a couple of positions before finding the optimal spooning trajectory.


Brooke also got to spend some cuddle time with Baby Lukie (notice his Mizzou gear).


And got some quality Play-doh time in with Papa T.

On Saturday, we also got to spend some time with my great friend Cary and her sweet little ones. Brooke was pretty into Winnie, as she was unable to focus on anything but Winnie's smiling when I tried to take pictures. Brooke *allegedly* gave Rush RSV when they were babies, so I think there's still a little tension there.

Thanks again for the princess dress.

And feeding my starving child.


It was a fun visit! We'll be back for Brooke's (gasp, tear) second birthday party next month.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!
    All is forgiven with the whole RSV fiasco. Now it's RSV, it'll probably be mono soon enough. And, we prescribe to the "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" school of thought.

    ReplyDelete