Friday, August 26, 2011

My "Birthday Celebration"



In the weeks leading up to my birthday, Matt had said that on the actual day (a Wednesday), we'd have a quiet family dinner and the he and I would celebrate on the following Saturday. I got to choose, so of course I chose the restaurant with my most favorite menu ever, California Pizza Kitchen. I really could do a whole post about that place. I would be happy to eat 90% of what's on their menu. And that's saying something after I worked there for almost 3 years in college.


We were (supposedly) trying to work out a time to celebrate with Matt's family and they all happened to be free on my actual birthday, so they joined us out that night. I think it's safe to say that most of them do not share my fondness for CPK. Thanks for coming, anyway, everyone!

I think some of our family pictures about 10 years down the line might look like this. Brooke looks like she'd rather not be photographed with us.


And, anytime you're out to dinner with a 22-month-old, some bribery may take place. Exhibit A: "Whip" from Grammie Deb.


Exhibit B: "Caillou" on the iPhone. Yep, we were those parents.










1 comment: