Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bermuda, Bahama


Last weekend, while Chicago was cleaning up from a Blizzard and St. Louis was cleaning up from a "blizzard", Matt and I were able to go on an Awards trip with four other couples from his work. It came at a perfect time for so many reasons. Last month was a rough one and I didn't realize how much I needed time away, but I'm so thankful we got it. Plus, Brooke got to spend some quality time with her family in St. Louis.


*Keep in mind that we didn't pay for a large majority of this trip* With that said, we stayed at the One and Only Ocean Club in the Bahamas. Nicest. Place. Ever. We had a butler. Awkward? Sure. Unnecessary? Totally. But pretty fun to talk about. Speaking of awkward and unnecessary, there were statues like these everywhere.


I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single statue that was clothed. I'll be the first to admit that I don't appreciate art, so maybe I was missing something. This was the view from our room.

And it was sunny and 80 all three days. I'm not trying to rub it in as much as I am trying to mentally transport myself. I finished almost 2 books! We were able to lay by the water and read, relax and talk. It didn't hurt that the other couples we were there with were really fun. For the group dinner, we went to Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill at the Atlantis. They said we missed him by a week, but I have the feeling they say that to all the dorky tourists looking for a celebrity sighting. My chile relleno was amazing and Matt declared the pork tenderloin "life changing". Here's the only photo of the two of us from the weekend.

The Atlantis was pretty amazing, too. It was like Vegas compacted into one enormous hotel. They have a water park and aquarium on their premises.

So, while we endure ridiculously cold temperatures, I'll think back to the Bahamas and fantasize about when we can go back.



2 comments: