Last weekend, we took the kids to Disney World (again...I have a problem and I'm fully aware of this). They knew that we were going, but not that we'd be meeting Tim and Krissi down there the next day. We took a 7:30 flight on Thursday night to avoid the 6 am flight we had originally scheduled for Friday.
The kids were pretty good on the plane.
Of course no one slept and it took some distracting for Paige to stay content in my lap, but overall, it could have been much worse.
The kids were pretty tired by the time we got to the airport hotel that night.
But they were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next morning.
Brooke was excited about her birthday pin.
We sadly didn't get any pictures or videos of the kids seeing each other for the first time, but it was very sweet.
Of course we met lots of characters.
Paige and Grace weren't always sure...
Miles was really excited to meet Jake while he was wearing his Jake hat (that he lost a couple days later).
Paige had no interest in the non-human characters.
Classic.
We had dinner at the Beast's castle the night we did the Halloween party (Nov. 1). Luke was a little scared initially, but all the kids warmed up to him.
There were also tons of rides.
Miles was able to go on quite a few of the big kid rides this time and he LOVED them. After the first day, anything we'd get in line for, he'd ask, "Is this a ride?" and be disappointed if it wasn't.
Brooke was *this close* to getting to ride Rock n' Roller Coaster, but just missed the cut off. I should've packed taller shoes for her. She handled the disappointment very maturely.
Miles and I got soaked on the Kali River Rapids ride. I don't think either of us minded because it was so hot the whole time we were there.
Paige loved the rides that she could go on, too. She would get very upset when the ride would come to a stop and she'd have to get off.
The Dinosaur ride terrified Luke and Miles. We'll probably wait awhile before going on that one again.
"Deuces!" was what we'd have the kids shout when they put their hands up.
The men and big kids closed down Epcot one night.
We also saw lots of shows. It was very entertaining to watch the kids at the "Frozen Singalong."
The Disney Jr. show.
"Beauty and the Beast" - Brooke and Miles were Mrs. Potts and Chip, Lex was the Beast and Luke was Belle's dad.
The babies were such good sports. They caught a few naps in the stroller. Did I mention it was hot?
Paige napped in the Ergo a couple of times, too. It was hot for both of us, but if it helped her sleep, it was worth it.
She loved the Dumbo playground.
Paige was up with a horrible sounding cough one night, so I took her to convenient care. She was diagnosed with an ear infection. I was skeptical because I thought it was croup, but after a day of the antibiotic, the cough was much better. And you would have no idea during the day that her night was bad. She's a trooper!
What a cutie!
The boys were pretty much either hugging each other or hitting each other.
The girls got along really well this time, minus a few meltdowns by Brooke.
Because of the way some of our Fast Passes worked, we were also able to have a fair amount of time with just our family.
This is my best attempt at a Halloween costume picture. This was the night that we went to the Halloween party. It was super-hot, so Miles didn't put his costume on until dinner.
There was an amazing fireworks display, that I'm happy to report Miles was not scared of.
We ended the night with a parade...at 11:15. Our big kids stayed up for it. And actually weren't disasters the next day.
It was another awesome trip to Disney. Thanks for the memories!
*Disclaimer - I wanted to get this post up asap, so I don't have all of our photos yet. I may do a photo dump with extra pictures at a later date. You get the idea, though.*
No comments:
Post a Comment