Thursday, March 12, 2015

Brooke's First Wedding


I felt this story deserved a post of its own. The other day during rest time, I had told Brooke that I needed her to not call down to me for at least 30 minutes (she typically goes a maximum of 15 minutes before needing something). About five minutes later, a piece of paper fluttered down from the second floor. On it was a picture of a girl and a ring. I called up and asked her what it was about. She said, "I didn't want to bother you, but can you help me find my ring when rest time is over?" I went right then to help her find it. I'm a sucker. About 10 minutes after THAT, I got another piece of paper with a picture of a boy and a girl and a ring. I asked her what this picture was about, and she told me it was an invitation to her wedding. She also drew a picture of a boy and a ring with Miles' name at the top, a girl and a flower with Paige's name at the top, and the words "mom" and "dad" - then she said, "What's it called that you're going to be in Aunt Jamie and Will's wedding?" She also dressed her stuffed elephant (that she's referred to as her "husband" in the past) in a polo shirt and bow tie from her dress-up chest.


So, as soon as Matt got home from work, she brought all her props down and we had ourselves a little wedding. The flower girl tried to eat the flowers.

 

And this is the best picture I could get of Miles, but he seemed to have fun being the ring bearer (the ring was her prize after getting her cavity filled). It was such a sweet and imaginative play scheme by her and the kind of moment that makes me want to freeze time forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment