Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summertime is Here Again

Summer began for us about a week and a half ago and we certainly hit the ground running. I've used the time off to catch up on much needed time with friends cleverly disguised as "playdates." We've been everywhere from the Moron Arboretum to the North Avenue Beach (Sidenote: A fun experience, but NOT worth the travel time to regularly make the trek. And I realized that I'm much closer to being middle-aged than I am a teenager.)

We've been on the go almost every day, but you're going to have to take my word. Because save for a couple of bad camera-phone pics, I have nothing to show for it. Instead, I'll leave you with some photos of Brooke's last couple of weeks hanging out at Grammie Deb's and promise to work harder at documenting the rest of our summer.

Here she is with Grandma Audie. Doesn't she look guilty?


Hanging out with Uncle Dave.


Telltale signs of Sleepy Brooke - stroking a "blankie" (or sock) and making a sucking motion. I hope she does this for a long time. It's so cute!


Hanging out with someone her own size.


Brooke and Ozzie waiting for Aunt Jamie to come home. Matt's parents were kind enough to watch Oz a couple of times when we had house showings while I was at work.


So sweet.


And fun!


We also celebrated Uncle Mike's birthday a couple of weeks ago and Brooke was happy to help him with the candles.



And cake.


We're headed to St. Louis this week. I'm trying to brace myself for the humidity. I'll come back with lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment