Last week was a little hectic for us, but all for good reason. After our visit to St. Louis, my mom drove back up with us to watch Brooke for the week. We loved having her up here, both for the company and the help. We missed her as soon as she left. Brooke still wakes up asking about "Dama" and I totally get why rich people have live-in nannies. I'm still waiting for some photos from my mom of their time together, but I get my penchant for not taking photos from her, so we may be waiting for those for a while (I love you, Mom!).
It was extra-helpful having my mom up last week because in addition to wrapping things up at work, at the end of the week we were getting ready for Scott and Kristina's wedding festivities. I had expected the wedding to be pretty epic, and they definitely delivered. We had so much fun with family and good friends. While I've made great strides in taking pictures where my daughter is concerned, when she's not around, I still stink at it. So, these photos are courtesy of my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Here's the Alley clan, minus Brooke.
Along with a live-in nanny, I'm also accepting hair and make-up artist applications to join my entourage.

They were such a stunning bride and groom. Despite appearances, it wasn't a vampire wedding. Apparently eliminating red-eye on downloaded photos is beyond my technological capabilities. Sorry, S & K!
After the wedding, my dad came up for a brief visit and to pick up my mom. He brought a bubble machine with him, which was a big hit, as you can see here:
Even with the cool bubble machine, she couldn't pass up giving it a try the old-school way:
No comments:
Post a Comment