
Yesterday was a really great day. Not only were we able to celebrate Jesus' resurrection, but we also got to spend a lot of time with family. AND the weather was nice. Hallelujah!

Brooke and Grandpa and Aunt Jamie leaving church. Yes, our
church meets in a warehouse next to a batting cage. (Quick aside: We're back to Aunt
Jamie. Brooke's embraced the "J" sound. I don't think she appreciated us simplifying it for her.)

After church, we went over to Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Johnson's house where Brooke opened her first Easter basket. Because she won't remember it (sorry, honey), I decided to save what I got for her Easter basket and use it to keep her busy in the coming weeks. There's always next year, right? The horsie flashlight from them was a BIG hit.


We took a quick family photo, minus Mike and Jane (with her family), me (taking the picture) and Great-Grandpa (napping). Good looking group!

We headed home for Brooke to get her own much-needed nap. We also changed into our Hawks gear. While I'm happy to support the team, I was even happier to change into jeans. I know, we're dorks. At least we embrace it.

Brooke and Aunt Jamie in their matching jerseys.

Brooke also got to go on her first Easter egg hunt. I may be a biased mom, but it seemed like she got the idea. It didn't hurt that the eggs were filled with her favorite crackers.


Then she got to open her other Easter basket, complete with bubbles. She could be outside and play with bubbles ALL DAY. I know, right? How unusual for an 18 month old. (Thanks for being our photog for these, Jamie.)



To top off a great day, the Blackhawks won. That part only really affects me as it makes Matt happy. Brooke was asleep and I was knee-deep in DVR'd Real Housewives episodes when the win actually occurred.
"He is not here, for he has risen, as he said." Matthew 28:6
No comments:
Post a Comment