I have a love/hate relationship with the little number on this page that keeps track of how many posts I write each month. I haven't been particularly inspired this month and because I'm very goal-oriented, I feel like the (4) next to March is screaming what a failure I've been this month. On the other hand, being a goal-oriented person, it's also challenging me to do better next month - and to be better about taking pictures of Brooke.
These pictures were taken several weeks ago on a family Sunday after church during Brooke's stair-climbing phase. It really was all we did for about a month there. Usually Sunday afternoons are a train wreck because she misses her morning nap when we're at church, but for some reason she was pretty happy this particular day.
Could they look a little more alike? Seriously.
In BIG news here, Brooke is walking! It's still not her preferred means of navigation, but she can make it across the room if she wants/is encouraged. (Photos/videos of that to come - it's on my "to do" list). I have to admit that this is after I had my physical therapist co-worker do a screening on her. I really needed it for my own peace of mind. Being an occupational therapist at a preschool, I see SO MANY kids come in who would have benefited from even earlier intervention and I wanted to be sure that I wasn't overlooking something that we could have been helping. Sue gave us some great ideas and pretty much just told us to push her a little more - not physically, of course. Anyway, she took a step that day and is getting better and better at it. I'm so thankful to have friends who are therapists so we didn't have to wait however many months it would take to get an Early Intervention evaluation.
We've also enrolled in My Gym (or "Baby Country Club," as Matt calls it). Being cooped up inside is just killing us -probably me more than her - and it's so much fun to see her trying new things and pseudo-playing with other kids (pictures of one of those sessions to come - also on the "to do" list).
No comments:
Post a Comment