Monday, June 12, 2017

Summer's Here!


Last week was our first full week of summer and we really hit the ground running. Our church is taking the year off from VBS, so we decided to do the Neighborhood Bible Club that takes place every year in the subdivision next to ours. I'd heard great things about it, but it I was really impressed with how organized and well run it was for having 250+ kids spread across a couple of backyards. 
 

There were a couple of spirit days and the kids got really excited about crazy hair day.


Both kids were in groups with their good friends and it was so sweet to see their interactions. I volunteered, so I got to see Miles' group especially close.


Brooke's group on stage during the singing time. She was front and center, naturally.


Miles with his buds, Jack and Wes.


The kids rotated between craft, story, and game stations. After they finished their craft, there were some sports games set up. I think this was one of Miles' favorite times.


The last day was water day, complete with a few giant slip n' slides and a water balloon fight.


This guy hung in there all week, despite not feeling well at the beginning of the week (took him to the MD - just a virus). He would play with the other "big kids" being babysat for the first hour, then would chill in the Ergo the rest of the morning.

 

The girls in Brooke's group liked playing with him during game time and like flirt he is, he obliged.


Paige also had a blast. She got to hang out with her friend Hannah and our babysitter, Jill every morning. She didn't complain once about going or when I dropped her off. She's ready to be a big girl, whether I'm ready for it or not. I wish I'd gotten pictures of them together last week. Instead, enjoy this picture of her with water color paint all over her face. As a backstory, the Bible Club had face painting every day. On Saturday, I got out watercolors for Paige to paint with at the kitchen table. I should have know she was being too quiet...


 It was a fun start to summer. On to another crazy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment