Thursday, November 17, 2016

Graham is Here!

 

Graham Brian Alley arrived on August 28 (yes, 2 1/2 months ago - sorry, buddy), a few days after his due date. He was 7 lb, 9 oz and 21 inches long. I'll give details in his birth story later, but my water broke in the middle of the night and the contractions weren't that bad, so we had time to get the kids ready the next morning. I wanted to take one last picture of our family (minus me, as usual) before the new addition. 


The kids waited patiently with Grammie Deb and Pop.

 

He arrived about 12 hours after my water broke (with the help of some meds).

 

The cord was around his neck and it took him a minute or two to cry, hence the pale face.


Those first moments are so magical.



The kids came into the delivery room to meet him. Miles and Paige spent some time cuddling with me.


A view that he's going to have to get used to.

 

Brothers!


 

Big, big, big sister, as she calls herself.




I think she realized what this meant for her.





She actually warmed up to him pretty quickly and would cry anytime we'd take him away from her.

 



My heart.


I also really love those first couple days bonding in the hospital, getting to know each other.





Matt went home at night this time, which was for the best. He could help a little with the other kids and get a decent nights' sleep - because I sure wasn't. They were really pushing not sending the baby to the nursery. I was okay with it the first night, but the second night I needed a few hours' sleep, so off he went.


Matt's whole family and some of our friends came up to meet Graham (not all pictured here).


 

 

Uncle Will, looking like a natural.


So. Tiny. Heading home. Look out, world!


My saint of a brother and sister-in-law took care of 6 kids while we were in the hospital. There are no words to thank them.


First pic as a family of 6! Here goes nothing!


1 comment: